- Understand the difference between ebook copyright and licensing clauses?
- Wonder about library laws regarding orphan works post Google Books case, e-reserves and sound recordings?
- Know what copyright issues on an international scale impact your library’s services?
Copyright issues are more important to libraries now than ever before. After this one-hour webinar, attendees will have:
- a basic understanding of the copyright and licensing issues that impact libraries’ use of ebooks
- an update on copyright developments of interest to public, school, and academic libraries
- an understandable glimpse at the international front, where copyright negotiations of keen interest to libraries are moving at an unusually accelerated pace
Please note: Attendees should have some familiarity with basic copyright practices.
This webinar will be of interest to library staff who confront copyright issues with ebooks and their licensing, making digital copies for interlibrary loan and e-reserves, and international trends, including those involving services to the blind and visually impaired.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
- Speaker's slides
- pptx [9.5mb] - pdf (3 slides per page) [672kb]
- Chat and Closed Captioning
- Chat: pdf [21kb]
- Closed captioning transcript: pdf [21kb]