You are here
Basic Developmental Milestones of Early Childhood
An ELF 2.0 Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: John Hornstein
- What do library staff need to know about the basic developmental tasks of early childhood?
- How can we use this developmental knowledge to help us more effectively interact with family members in supportive and constructive ways?
This webinar will build upon and expand the conversation begun with our April 10, 2014 webinar, also given by Dr. Hornstein and entitled Foundations of Early Childhood Development: It’s All About Relationships. In this second webinar we will review the basic tenets of child development from the Touchpoints perspective – identifying the major developmental tasks of infants, toddlers and preschoolers within the context of their relationships and culture. The discontinuous nature of this developmental process will also be explored. We will then examine how library staff can respond to families by focusing on parent-child relationships, and supporting parental mastery as might occur in various library-based scenarios.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be better able to recognize developmental themes of:
- Support parent-child relationships
- Support parental mastery
This webinar will be of interest to any and all library staff who interact with families of young children.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.
- Chat: pdf [XXkb]
Keywords: Children's services