The first webinar in this series focused broadly on skills that are needed in the contemporary library environment, and where to find training in those skills. This webinar will focus on your individual skills and skill gaps. Determining the specific combination of skills you need to acquire in order to advance your career or take it in a different direction can be a daunting challenge.
How can you:
- Determine which skills are essential for pursuing your chosen career path?
- Craft a plan to acquire the critical skills that may be lacking or increase your level of competency for skills you already possess?
- Acquire the new skills necessary for career advancement if you are unable to attain those them within the confines of your current job?
- Successfully break through these barriers and smooth the way to career growth and expansion?
- Design and create a resume that will rise to the top of the pile and maximize you chances of landing your dream job?
In this one-hour webinar, participants will learn a number of proven strategies to acquire new skills and be shown how to formulate a plan to attain those new skills or bolster the skills they already possess. They also learn how to successfully overcome some of the greatest barriers to career growth. Finally, they learn how to redesign their resumes to garner maximum impact.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to generate a customized list of the skills they need and levels of expertise they must attain in order to move their careers forward and meet their career objectives.
- Be able to conceptualize and prioritize their skill acquisition strategies to meet their career objectives.
- Be able to create a customized plan for the acquisition of new skills or improvement of existing skills to meet their career objectives.
- Learn how to overcome the five biggest obstacles for career advancement
- Know how to rewrite their resume to stand out from the crowd and maximize their chances of success.
This webinar will be of interest to Library staff contemplating the next job opportunity or career change and those seeking to identify their current skills and acquiring new ones.