You are here
Teen Mental Illness 101
A California State Library Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Michelle Carlson MPH, Executive Director, Teen Line ([email protected])
Cheryl Eskin MFT, Program Director, Teen Line ([email protected]line.org
Deborah Takahashi MLS, Pasadena Public Library ([email protected])
Do you know a teen suffering from mental illness? In 2014, the National Alliance on Mental Illness reported that 1 in 5 teens (ages 13-18) have, or will have a serious mental illness. As part of the 2016 California State Library (CSL) Mental Health Initiative, library staff and youth advocates are invited to learn more about mental illness with Michelle Carlson and Cheryl Eskin from Teen Line (www.teenlineonline.org), a teen-to-teen hotline that provides education and support for teens.
At the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Learn methods to decrease the stigma around teen mental illness through education and real life stories
- Be familiar with tools for talking with teens who are struggling
- Learn about opportunities to become a teen advocate
This webinar will be of interest to: all library staff who works with teens and those interested in learning more about teen mental illness.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for comp
Keywords: Teen services