Eureka - Floating Collections: A Model for Change
Thursday, July 29, 2010
With tight budgets and the rising cost of delivery, libraries are investigating new models for collection development, including floating or shared collections.
- What does a library need to know when considering moving to a floating collection model?
- How do we, as library leaders, assist our organizations with evaluating the feasibility of a floating collection or partial floating collection?
Those attending the webinar will learn:
- What a floating or shared collection is
- Why libraries move to a floating collection model
- A step-by-step process detailing what to consider before, during and after implementation to a full or partial floating collection
- How leaders can help their staff and organization move to this new model
This one-hour webinar will be of interest to library managers and staff who manage collections.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
Presenters: Diane Lai, Jennifer Lawson, and Kristine Tardiff
- Speaker's slides