The New Medline Plus: An In-Depth Look
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
One of the best starting points for health information is now even better!
MedlinePlus.gov has a completely new look and design, plus some worthwhile new content that will appeal to users. You will appreciate the quality and reliability of the site; your users will appreciate being able to easily find understandable health information that is just right for them.
This one-hour webinar will:
- showcase all of the content areas you need to know
- demonstrate useful search strategies
- provide tips on finding appropriate materials to meet the needs of your patrons, no matter their age or situation.
You'll really like the new ways you can access MedlinePlus – on cell phones or mobile devices and even on Twitter. We will throw in some surprises that everyone will love!
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- fully understand the depth of content of the new MedlinePlus.gov website
- be able to identify quality, understandable health information that is easy to read
- confidently recommend unique resources and multilingual health information for special populations in the community
- be able to suggest new ways of accessing MedlinePlus content
This webinar will be of interest to all library reference staff who provide health information to the public.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
Speaker: Kelli Ham
- Speaker's slides