Outreach to Hispanic/Latino Populations - Tu Biblioteca!
Handouts and Resources
Chat, Q&A, Closed Captioning
Engaging the ever-growing Spanish-speaking/Latino population in your library’s programs and services presents interesting and rewarding opportunities. This webinar will explore various efforts to identify new opportunities, funding resources and community partners to expand your library’s potential to serve this community.
In this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- Understand how this population is becoming the key to our libraries’ future
- Take a look at the facts
- Dissect the components of a proven library program
- Review “Barrio Logan” as a case study in participatory programming
- Discover how you can leverage marketing and public relations to reach this community
- Learn how to best communicate your programs and services
- Find out what other libraries are doing to engage this growing population
- Review a variety of successful library programs
- Learn how to get things moving
- Receive tips and resources that can assist you with next steps
By the end of this webinar attendees will have the basic knowledge to incorporate into your Spanish Language Outreach (SLO) efforts.
This webinar will be of interest to library staff interested in marketing and providing programming for the Spanish-speaking/Latino population.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
This webinar was presented with Closed Captioning. You will find the link to the transcript above.