The Reference Interview: Time for a Tune-up
- Do you need a refresher on the basic steps of any reference interview?
- Do new service models affect the reference interview?
- How do new technologies change reference?
- How do you tailor your reference interviewing to different age groups?
Reference work, both in person and virtual, is constantly changing: the point of contact with the library user; the nature of the questions; and what technologies we use. What has not changed is the importance of the reference interview. No matter the setting or person being served, we still need to make sure we understand what the real question is so that we are able to answer it accurately and thoroughly.
Those attending the webinar will learn:
- the latest trends in the reference interview
- uses for current technology in reference work, including social media
- techniques for tailoring reference interviews to users of different ages
This one-hour webinar will be of interest to library reference staff seeking to provide the best possible service to their users.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
This webinar will be presented with Closed Captioning. On the day of the webinar You can see the closed captioning in the WebEx media viewer or you can open a separate window using the following link: http://www.captionedtext.com/client/event.aspx?CustomerID=1140&EventID=1744266
- Speaker's slides
- Chat, Q&A, Closed Captioning