Successful Volunteer Recruitment Strategies: Capturing the Talent of Baby Boomers and the Generations that Follow
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Start Time: Pacific - 12 PM, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: : Carla Lehn
- Bibliography: doc [66kb] - pdf [123kb]
- Huntington Beach Position Description: pdf [20kb]
- Homework Club Coordinator: pdf [37kb]
- Blank Position Description: doc [29kb]
- St Helena Volunteer Description: pdf [20kb]
- Targeted Recruitment Plan: doc [82kb]
- Chat: pdf [43kb]
- Do you ever wonder what motivates volunteers?
- Are you wondering where to find talented volunteers?
- What projects or programs do you have that will attract them?
Baby boomers and the generations that follow are seeking new ways to use their skills and experience to make a difference in their communities. Your library is uniquely positioned to benefit from these volunteers. This webinar will provide tools, techniques, and models for volunteer engagement.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- Understand the potential for engaging high impact, skilled volunteers to assist public libraries.
- Know how to engage this talent to extend the library’s capacity in the community and to benefit from these new library advocates and supporters.
- Understand the motivations behind why people volunteer.
- Be able to create diverse and meaningful skilled volunteer positions that will attract a broad range of community volunteers, especially baby boomers.
- Plan to implement a variety of successful volunteer recruitment strategies that go far beyond the “Volunteer Here” sign on the Circulation Desk.
This webinar will be of interest volunteer managers, literacy coordinators and other staff or volunteers who engage or manage volunteers in libraries.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
Do you require an accommodation for an Infopeople webinar? For this service, please complete and submit a request form at least 72 hours before the webinar: Request Form