Infopeople is part of the Califa Group, a nonprofit library membership consortium of more than 220 libraries. Infopeople provides quality continuing education opportunities to library staff that are tailored to library needs and developed by experienced library professionals. Training formats include 2-6 week asynchronous online courses, as well as free one-hour webinars.
The Infopeople model provides a breadth of training topics and a depth of training expertise greater than any single library or library agency, no matter how large, could provide. Infopeople training is open to all members of the library community - academic, public, school, and special.
- Is tailored to libraries' needs
- Is developed and presented by experienced library professionals
- Offers exercises based on actual library situations
- Accommodates varying levels of expertise
- Offers post-workshop assistance from instructors
Infopeople offers over 70 training events per year on a wide variety of topics, utilizing subject experts as instructors and presenters. In an average year more that 4,000 people participate in Infopeople training events.
Grant funding allows Infopeople to offer training at subsidized rate. Fees for California residents are $150 for an on-ground or 4-week online course. All others pay $200 for online courses. Webinars (live and archived) are free.
More information about Infopeople
- Infopeople Advisory Board (effective Apr 2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) -- Answers to frequently asked questions about Infopeople.
- Staff Contacts -- Information about Infopeople staff and consultants.
- Training Announcement List -- Join this announcement list to stay in touch with what's new in training, and other Infopeople events.