You are here
iPads, Mobile Devices, and the Library
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Mary Minow
Legal Issues for Libraries Webinar Series
Your library is offering iPads for patrons to use and large numbers of users are bringing in their own mobile devices into the library.
- Are those mobile devices really small computers or a different animal altogether? Should different policies apply to each?
- What is the FCC’s current stance on the Children’s Internet Protection Act compliance and mobile devices?
- Is the library concerned about privacy and copyright issues when the public presses a tiny virtual shutter or record button?
- Are you loading content onto devices for users without considering patrons with disabilities?
Since mobile devices are so commonplace, it may be time to consider some legal issues regarding their use in libraries. They may affect your library’s photography, audio and video recording policy. The way you select, load content, and lend mobile devices may be influenced by licensing agreements and ADA compliance issues.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will have:
- Evaluate mobile devices with respect to legal requirements
- Lend library mobile devices and protect the library
- Apply your library’s behavior policy to patron use of mobile devices
This webinar will be of interest to public service staff, library adminstration and trustees.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility